Thursday 4 March 2010

To keep, or not to keep? That is the question.


I had a slight dilemma (not particularly drastic!) after I ordered a skirt from the Urban Outfitters website, and it arrived not the flowing skirt that I was hoping for a la Saab, but rather rigid. Here's the poem:

Struck with pleasantries
I ordered it off the net.
It entrapped, as the night
sky enclosed about me amidst
a whirlwind of structured stars.
It settled above the worries and woes
sent to disrupt, they gathered dust.
It had to be mine.
That was as it should have been.
Instead, the stars were stuck down
to the stiff chiffon- what had they done?
The glittering specks were tamed
they fought but one by one
were picked from the sky
as the mantra of the human
rang across the sudden walls.
It fell down and the dust was cast into the air.


Despite the poem, I still quite like the skirt!

1 comment:

  1. KEEP. everyone needs a light, casual skirt come summer!

    ReplyDelete