Sunday 14 February 2010

Flirty fantasies

Valentine's Day is a weird event. It's not as if you need reminding that you are 'in love' or 'a-lone'. It seems like a rite of passage amongst lovers and singletons alike. If you are in the former category you have a special day with your special someone doing special things, but if you fall in the latter group you congregate and make 'boyfriend bonfires' whilst reciting Sylvia Plath. Supposedly.
In any case, it ignites the romantic in me, and after I have processed the Keats and Wordsworth, my mind wanders to fashion, and there is one person in particular whom I associate with fantasical, fanciful dresses: Elie Saab. His elegant and ethereal creations to me epitomise an idyllic love, through his favoured materials of silk and chiffon, which gives the dress a floaty, almost flirty feeling.




In an ideal world, Elie Saab would design my wedding dress, as his chiffon masterpieces are entirely beautiful and other-worldly. In a rather cliched way, it would be my 'fairy tale' wedding dress. Excuse me for that cliche, but Valentine's Day has sent me into a state of delirium; I will be thinking properly tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment